Application Engineer (Cellular)
Employment Category Regular Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities
LitePoint is the leading provider of test solutions of the world’s leading manufacturers of wireless modules and consumer electronics including smart phones, tablets, and PCs. We are a Silicon Valley company founded in 2000 and our products have been used to optimize and verify the operation of over 1.75 million wireless devices worldwide. In 2011, LitePoint was acquired by Teradyne, the leading supplier of automated test equipment used to test semiconductors, wireless products, data storage, and complex electronic systems. In 2012, Teradyne had sales of $1.66 billion and employs approximately 3,700 people worldwide.
* Provide frontline, system-level technical support to customers in during all phases of customer's product development and manufacturing.
* Travel to the customer site as needed to provide technical support, demonstration, training, system installation and troubleshooting services, and liaison with AE resources to resolve issues.
* Analyze customer's technical requirements and monitor industry trends
* Be alert to competitive products and product positionings
* Develop strong customer relations at a technical level, to gain further insight to direction and needs of the customer.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
BSEE required, MSEE preferred
1. 3-5 years test and measurement experience in the wireless telecom industry
2. Prior cellular development/support experience and enjoy working with people in a technical support role.
3. Prior experience developing and/or using automated RF/Wireless test systems a plus
4. Knowledge of the RF PHY requirements of wireless communications standards such as…
§ Cellular WCDMA, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, EVDO/HSDPA, LTE
§ GPS, A-GPS standards as they apply to cellular
§ 802.11abgn WLAN and 802.15 Bluetooth 2.x, 3.x
5. Fluent in operating RF/system level test equipment such VSAs, VSGs, SAs, SGs, O-scopes, Power Meters, Vector and Scalar NA, Wireless Communication testers, etc.
6. Experience working with automated test programs and scripts in C, C++, VB, Python and Perl.
7. Good troubleshooting, analysis, and problem solving skills
8. Effective presentation, written, and verbal skills
9. This position involves travel throughout Korea and international (30-40%)
LitePoint Corporation is a leading provider of wireless test solutions for the world’s top makers of modules and consumer electronic products including smart phones, tablets and PCs. We are a Silicon Valley company founded in 2000 whose products are designed for development and high-volume manufacturing environments. Over its 11 year history, LitePoint products have been used to optimize and verify the operation of over one billion wireless devices worldwide. Teradyne (NYSE:TER) is the leading supplier of Automatic Test Equipment used to test semiconductors, wireless products, data storage and complex electronic systems serving consumer, communications, industrial and government customers. In 2010, Teradyne had sales of $1.6 billion and employs approximately 3,200 people worldwide. Teradyne acquired LitePoint on October 5, 2011.
Position Subject to ITAR controls No
Relocation Available (Some relocation assistance has been approved for this role) No
Apply to job  Save to cart View similar jobs